Developing Assertive Communication
Duration: 2 Days
This workshop is designed to increase participants' self-awareness as to what constitutes assertive communication, as well as teaching participants a variety of practical techniques to help them successfully express their needs in an assertive manner.
Developing assertive communication competence allows people to communicate in a way that enhances self-esteem, confidence, and decreases distress. Developing assertive communication skills is critical for both work and personal relationships.
Who Will Benefit:
Line Managers/Supervisors/Team Leaders
All other staff
At the end of this program you will:
- Have gained an understanding as to their own response style when interacting with others
- Have gained insight into individual differences in the way people interact
- Have identified their roadblocks to assertion and a plan as to how to overcome them
- Have learnt strategies to be able to communicate assertively
- Be able to communicate in a way that increases their self-esteem
- Have skills to be able to develop mutually beneficial and satisfying relationships
- Have had the opportunity to rehearse the skills taught in a simulation and to receive feedback from the facilitator
For more information, please contact us