Initial Psychological and Injury Management Assessment
For psychological injury claims where diagnosis needs to be determined, however cause of the injury is not in question, we can conduct an Initial Psychological and Injury Management Assessment.
What is involved?
Features of this assessment include:
- A clinical assessment of the injured worker including the administration of an independent psychometric assessment (PAI)
- A statement from the workplace return to work co-ordinator
- Interviews with current treating practitioners.
From this assessment, a report will be provided which incorporates:
- A thorough clinical diagnosis according to the diagnostic criteria (as well as explaining differential diagnoses in instances where the treating practitioner differs from our clinical opinion)
- Highlights of any concurrent life stressors or pre-existing psychological features for the injured workers
- A note of the perceived workplace issues from the injured worker’s perspective
- Comprehensive recommendations regarding injury management, with specific reference to:
- Treatment recommendations according to best practice guidelines
- Rehabilitation intervention aligned with psychological injury specifications
- Organisational interventions required to address any perceived support/conflict issues
For more information, please contact us